Wednesday 29 November 2017

5 Ways To Self Care This Winter.

Recently I've been struggling to get my shit together. I'm stuck in a funk, I just can't seem to get out of it. Over the past couple of months my self care has been non-existent. I don't know if its because I've been away for 3 months or because I've stopped caring about myself and my mental health. Sometimes life gets in the way and things get out of your control, however from now on I'm going to take a step back, prioritise my wellbeing, and do things that make me happy. It's not selfish to take time for yourself; which is why I have a new rule. Every week I take an hour to do something for myself, anything at all... whether that be watching a film or painting my nails, or doing a face mask.


A few of my faveee past times are-

Go for a walk without your phone- Don't get me wrong I love my phone, and I couldn't go a day without it however... put it down for half an hour and you'll feel completely different. Forget what everyone else is up too, who's doing what, and how many likes you got on your latest selfie, and live in the moment. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind. And relax.

Go bra less for a day-  it sounds crazy right? well sometimes I like to not give a damn about what I look like and prioritise comfort over style. Ditch the jeans and say hello to track pants and a baggy sweater to hide your un-supported boobs, and the comfiest shoes you own.

Listen to a podcast- My go to podcast recently has been 'the heart of it' by Estee Lalonde. Each episode felt like I was sat having a conversation with my best friend. She is so relatable, so real and her voice is soOoOo soothing. Don't get me wrong I loveee a good book, but with a podcast you can just sit there and listen and not concentrate on anything, letting your mind roam free.

Exercise for at least 20 minutes- Exercising feels like such a chore to me, however I know its something that I need to do a few times a week, although recently I haven't had the motivation. I've challenged myself to do a hiit workout for 20 minutes a week, just to get my body moving that little bit more. Not only am I looking after my body, but afterwards I feel good about myself.

Have a pamper evening- I often can feel burnt out and empty so having some downtime to do the things that I want is something I try to do often. Not only does pampering yourself make you feel good in the moment, but when you wake up the next day you look great also! My go to pamper evening includes running a bath, doing a face and hair mask and painting my nails (not to mention with a large glass of rose wine on hand.)
Share:

1 comment

  1. Thank you, and you’re so welcome! I glad you found it helpful. xx

    ReplyDelete

© HelloHannah | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig