Tuesday 19 December 2017

DIY Christmas Gift Idea // The Foodie Friend.

With only 6 days left until the big day, Christmas day that is! I'm still franticly Christmas shopping and trying to find the perfect gifts for friends and family. After spending the past couple of days scrolling through the trusty Pinterest, I've collected a few DIY gift Idea that would be perfect for the people I know. So the original recipe for this gift wasn't suitable for vegans and as my best friend is vegan I changed the recipe, and I just love how they turnt out!  If you're like me and on a small budget this year, these truffles look, and taste like the perfect gift for your foodie friends.



-For the truffles-   Okkk so the best thing about these truffles is that you only need 6 ingredients to make them, And I had 4 of the ingredients already tucked away at the back of my baking cupboard. Don't be put off by the black strap molasses, You cant even notice its an ingredient, and it helps to combine everything together. Not to mention its very good for you!

200g medjool dates (pitted)
50g rolled oats
125g peanut butter ( Or almond butter, basically any other nut butter of your choice)
1tsp black strap molasses
A pinch of Himalayan salt
2 tbsp. raw cacao powder (for coating afterwards)

-Now lets do this- The Fun Part:

 Okay, so it really is this simple…

Step one: Pop everything into a blender (apart from the cacao powder)  and wait until your mixture starts sticking together.

Step two: Roll the mixture into bite size balls of about 3cm and pop them onto a tray in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Step three: Then roll the balls in the cacao powder until evenly coated, and pop them in an air tight container in the fridge overnight. And there you have it! your truffles are all ready to go and give as the perfect Christmas gift.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I must say I am a big fan of truffles myself, definitely will make these but whether I manage to give the to someone before eating them is another story!
    My Blog: https://brookeslifex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious. Looks like I know what I'm going to do this weekend!
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so delicious! I snuck a few for myself x

      Delete

© HelloHannah | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig